Monday, February 16, 2009

Renaissance

Do I believe in the born again
the here before
the living of the ones who's been here before?
I maybe should
because sometimes when I appear to myself
I see something in me
that takes me back
to Movements. Stuggles. Revolutions. Eras.
Decades before.
When my brothers,
the forefathers of my people
of my kind
my energy
my kin...
their essence is exuded in me.
The progressive thinkers
the creative minds
the impassioned souls
amplified spirits...
The ones who's personal circumstances
never dampered the flame in their soul
The ones who sought freedoms
to all degrees for the next man and himself
The ones who sought intelligence
knowledge
and made sacrifice to the self, the mind
and allowed that to exonerate their depth
The Kool, poised kats who didnt mind a little cloud
....mind fray....to ease a pain
or simply bring Peace to a still.
The Writers.
The Musicians.
The Poets.
The Leaders.
The Dancers.
Those of a time that lives in me, lived before...
an imagination of Langston Hughes.
the dare of James Baldwin.
stength & persona of Malcolm X
the free will of Alvin Ailey.
the passion of Donnie Hathaway.
the brave of Marvin Gaye.
Their names bring me courage
bring to me strength
bring about purpose
bring about passions
to take change, to charge, and let GO!
Standing free to live a multi-faceted, cultured
engaged life.
To let it take you where you choose the destiny
to see before
the things they saw to life
with their heart. soul. and the mind of a Renaissance.

1 comment:

  1. Brother that was..
    and will be..
    passionte reflective..
    mature..
    nice..


    love it and you..
    peace peace..

    ReplyDelete